The server responded with a status of 400 ()

Cannot add Win10 laptop to sync chain, as console returns “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()”. This means when I click “Confirm Sync Code” on the “Enter Sync Code page” it appears that nothing happens.

This error is returned when:

1. On any device in the chain I select Sync > Add another device > Computer > device provides sync code
  2. Enter sync code on Win10 laptop
  3. Click “Confirm Sync Code”
  4. Button stays the same - no loading or anything
  5. Check console through brave://inspect#extensions > console > shows error of “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()”

I currently have an iPhone, iPad, Ubuntu Linux (dual booted with Win10 laptop) and a Win10 desktop in the sync chain. I cannot understand why the Win10 side of the laptop returns this error, when all other devices connected fine.

I have reinstalled brave and the same thing happens. I tried creating a new sync chain from the Win10 laptop, but the same problem happened with the Win10 Desktop (Confirm Sync Code button gave no response).

Brave Version:
Version 0.68.142 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.