The scroll bar jumps to the top in the browser history

Description of the issue:
If you scroll down to the end in the browser history, the scroll bar jumps to the beginning when the next entries are reloaded. This issue is new. Previous version didn’t have it.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open the browser history page
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page
  3. Wait for the next entries to be reloaded.
    (If this didn’t reproduce an error, delete bunch of newer entries and then start over at 1.)

Expected result:
Scroll bar shout jump to the top. If you want scroll further, you have to scroll down the whole list till the end.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

1 Like

@long_story_short,
Thanks for reaching out – I don’t see history jumping to the top of the page. I do see the scroll bar jump though. This is, however, expected behavior – although it does look weird. Basically what’s happening is:

1. You scroll down through your history list
  2. When you reach the bottom of the list w/the scroll bar, the browser loads new entries into the list
  3. However, once those new entries are loaded, you’re scroll bar is no longer at the bottom of the list of entries
  4. The browser recalculates (this may actually be an OS calc., not sure) and then moves the scroll bar to the appropriate (new) position relative to the entirety of the list/length of the scrollable area:

Does that make sense? Are you seeing the scroll bar jump to the very very top each time?

1 Like

I know, I would have expected it that way. I noticed the error while deleting entries from the history. When loading the new entries, the list view jumps back to the very beginning. I have just tried it again and the error is still there.

The only thing I do in this screen recording is to scroll down.
jump

@long_story_short,
Thank you for the additional details. Digging a bit furrther into this now, will file a bug report if I can find the steps to reproduce the issue.

Thank you for yoru patience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.