The horrible horrible new YouTube pause overlay should be blocked with embedded videos too

YouTube recently added an overlay of suggested videos whenever a video is paused. I hate it beyond words. Luckily Brave doesn’t show it as long as it’s on YouTube.com. I actually turned off all blocking in the settings in an attempt to get it to show and was unsuccessful. However with embedded YouTube videos it still shows up. Whatever is causing that overlay when paused not to show up on YouTube.com should also prevent it from showing up in embedded videos.

Here is a link to a video on youtube.com and the same video embedded in a different site, you just have to play and pause to see what I’m talking about.

edit: I see this site automatically embeds YouTube videos, so that second link is kind of pointless.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/web_graphics/article.php/3480061/How-To-Add-a-YouTube-Video-to-Your-Web-Site.htm

edit2: Windows 10, version info
Name Version
Brave 0.14.1
rev 3de60d5
Muon 2.57.8
libchromiumcontent 57.0.2987.133
V8 5.7.492.71
Node.js 7.4.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform win32
os.release 10.0.15063
os.arch x64

Thanks for the report! I’m asking internally to see what can be done.

PS. lol @ the video, solid choice!

Hey Everyone,

I’ve taken a closer look, and while annoying, these overlays are for YouTube user/channel content, and aren’t going to fall within the expected blocking criteria.

Example below:

I’ve opened this issue in github to investigate:

I’m going to double check the YT.com player in addition to the embedded player, but what we’re seeing here wouldn’t technically fall under the ad category.

It would be nice to choose to be able to block it. I can set up a custom filter in Ublock Origin on Chrome, but it doesn’t work in Brave for embedded videos Is my filter syntax correct?