When I open brave the first search is always much slower than the others, for example if I search youtube.com as the first search it comes to load for more than 30 seconds, instead if I do it after already searching for something it opens right away.
Even I tried this:- brave://settings/search
Turm WDP and index other search engine OFF (from orange to grey)
Turn P3A, ping, diagnostic report as OFF
Seems I may have put my foot in it a little. I was searching for issues that were close to mine, and failed to say this isn’t an exact match. To make sure I was being accurate, I went back and did some testing.
I get around a 10-15 second lag on my initial search, but only when in a tor window. Subsequent searches are around 2 seconds. I changed my default engine to DDG quite a while ago now, but it’s curiously not possible to change the default in a tor window, so I still end up searching with Brave by mistake often instead of going to DDG first.
I admit I hadn’t done any testing in normal or private windows in quite some time, but I do recall experiencing a lag on the initial search there as well.This no longer seems to be the case, so I apologize.
There is nothing I’d like more than for Brave search to work better as I use Brave everywhere. I’ve even replaced the browser on all 16 machines at work, and convinced more than a handful of employees to make the switch. I just want to make it clear I am not a hater. But I do find the search to be lacking when trying to be productive.
I’m really sorry for any confusion, but if you could tell me how to circumvent the default search in a tor window, it would help prevent me from searching in the address bar from muscle memory.