The cursor turns white - malware?

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I have a problem with the mouse cursor when it is placed in text areas, from the URL bar or in google docs, the mouse cursor turns white, sometimes it seems to disappear, is it some kind of malware? It only happens to me with brave on a pc.

Expected result: resolve cursor issues

Brave Version( check About Brave): v1.48.171

Additional Information: is difficult for me write here, because my cursos is white when put into text box

Hello @wilmar88, thank you for reaching us out. Chances are any extension might be interfering in the mouse functionality while you are placed in text areas. Try removing all of them or one by one to see which one might be causing the issue. Regards.

Hello again @wilmar88, I am following up this case. Is this still an issue for you?

Hello Jarc
Currently all the plugins are uninstalled, I also reinstalled valiant and the problem continues, I had to change the model of the pointer but it is only a temporary solution

i share with you a video with the problem:

when is in text box, URL or a documents online turns white

I see, I have noticed the same behavior. I think this is the default google docs format. Did you try in another Chromium browser? Did you try to clean up the cache and then pressing Ctrl+F5 ? Let us know this information. Regards.

the problem is not only in google docs, is in all TEXT box in brave

Does the same issue persists in a private window? Or creating a new profile?

i try in private window, and works good, i will try delete all cookies, what do you think?

I deleted all cookies, and default setting, but the problem still continue :frowning:

I found a cookie permision that i can´t delete. say:
https://[*.]firebaseapp.com

only i can denied permisions, attached image:

Well, since you have uninstalled all plugins and works in a private window try creating a new fresh profile should work as expected. Thanks in advance.

@wilmar88,
I would actually try disabling Hardware Acceleration and see if that has any effect (Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration). Other than the cursor appearing the wrong color, does everything work correctly with it? The only issue is that it’s displaying strangely?

Hello, i change the hardware acceleration and now all is fine, maybe have some issues with Rayzen, this only happen in my computers with the same processor.

Thanks!!

1 Like