The Brave Rewards counter isn't increasing whenviewing the AAX ad in Brave news

Briefly describe your issue:

**What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?**Using 2 Androids (one with Android 12 and the other with Android 11), Brave Version = 1.43.88 Chromium = 105.0.5195.68

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) No

**What date did you verify your wallet?**NA

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes. only after the latest update this problem has started.

**Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)**no

**Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?**No, In India where ads are still supported but verification isn’t.

**Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?**Yes

**Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??**YES, but none connected to either wallet.

Also to give more details, The ads counter counts for the same ad on windows but doesn’t on my androids. Also to be more specific, all other ads on android do get counted against earnings but the AAX ad in the brave news doesn’t. Also want to point out that whenever I try to Turn off rewards the Brave app freezes and closes automatically and when I restart Brave again, rewards is still on.

The issue isn’t there anymore… I just updated to the latest version again and it seems to be fixed for now!

1 Like

This issue has started again, the AAX ad in the Brave news section isn’t getting counted against my Rewards counter

Above is the screenshot when I open a new tab

Above is the screenshot when I view the Ad

Above is the counter after scrolling the ad for 1 to 2 minutes but still not counting.

To give more information, the ads not counted againdt ad viewed this month

@SmartyAadi Is the AAX ad that you are getting available here- https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

And there is a wait time for NTP and Brave News (BN) Ad to be rewarded. Plus previously, BN Ad had to be scrolled above 50% of the screen in Android once, not sure if this has changed or not.

Also, I would suggest tag someone from support team when you create a new topic. It is easier to get a response that way.

it isn’t now, I actually checked in the morning as I too thought that the campaign has ended therefore the issue. It was there in the morning

Oh okay, I guess I’ve been doing that but not sure.

Okay sure, Thanks a tonne

Also will post an update tomorrow morning if it happens again.

1 Like

Hi @SmartyAadi thanks for sharing,

Could you submit your logs and we can take a look what might be happening.

Please follow these instructions :

1. Enable Brave Rewards Verbose logging inside of brave://flags. (Relaunch if prompted)

2. (If Verbose Logging was already on, please restart your browser)

3. Go to brave://rewards-internals and click on Logs

4. Open a new tab and visit brave.com, take your hand off your mouse/keyboard/any input and wait for 25 seconds, then return to the logs page and hit the Refresh Button

5. Download your logs.

6. Fill out the form on this page and submit the logs → https://upload-support.brave.com/rewards

7. Send me a DM of the case number you are given once you are done.

Thank you!

@SaltyBanana Since this is for Inline Content Ad, shouldn’t step 4 would be to-

Open a new tab and scroll down to see a Brave New Ad in whole, wait a few seconds and then return to logs page and refresh?

May be @SmartyAadi can do both.

1 Like

Sure, will do it right now. Also what is the rewards Db?

2 Likes

Yep sure, but I dont know why but dont get ads in brave news during night here so cant do it right now

2 Likes

Yes @Aman_M you’re correct, nice catch.

@SmartyAadi As Aman stated for step 4 - “Open a new tab and scroll down to see a Brave New Ad in whole, wait a few seconds and then return to logs page and refresh?”

Sure, will do it right now. Also what is the rewards Db?

I believe you can skip over that since it’s not a required field. We just need the logs.

Okay as you guys say, but don’t get ads right now since its night here.

Okay, Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, have sent you on DM. Thanks for all the assistance uptil now @SaltyBanana and @Aman_M

2 Likes

@SaltyBanana Sending you DM as well. There seems to be more than one thing not working right for IC/Brave News Ads.

1 Like

@Aman_M, I tried to view the ad in Brave News. The Apeswap Ad as well isn’t giving rewards nor getting counted in viewed ads, the same happens for AAX ads. Also the ads are listed in the catalog. Also to specify those same ads are giving rewards on my Windows and getting counted in viewed ads but they aren’t working for Android for some reason.

So it’s not working for you as well or something else?

Yeah. I have invited you to my DM as well. I checked it in Nightly v1.45.5 and you are on stable release so this must have gone unnoticed through a couple of updates at least.

Oh I guess so, thanks!!