The Brave I was using yesterday doesn't open and another one opens

Description of the issue: I recently had to force shutdown my laptop and after that I think I opened the wrong Brave Browser. My history shows last activity on February, and all of the passwords and bookmarks I added since then are gone.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. This has happened before and somehow I got the one I was using back. I rarely have anything saved so I wasn’t much concerned either.

I tried to replicate it any way I could, even tried force shutdown but I cannot get the browser I was using back.

I don’t know if this is an issue with my hardware or my OS.

Operating System and Brave Version: I am using KDE neon distro and Brave version 1.36.112. And when I checked the folder, it appeared like this.
Screenshot_20220315_084907

The Brave Browser that I have pinned on my dock doesn’t open and gives me this instead.
Screenshot_20220315_085217

Additional Information: For some reason, the ALT key isn’t working either. I don’t know if this is the same issue or something separate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.