Tabs lose their URL in case of an error

bug

Greetings,

I’m a fan of your work and Brave have already become my everyday use browser. I would like to report a bug, small in code but huge in return, which annoys me very much. If I restart Brave (close and run it again) while no active internet connection, all the open tabs lose their URL and replace them with “about:error”. The rest of the story depends on my very own personal memory :slight_smile:

I hope this is not a duplicate and I am not wasting your time. I did check the other topics though.

See you later :wink:

Brave: 0.16.9
rev: fba98fcb091b3abfa18aba7c6c0db0c7aa343589
Muon: 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent: 59.0.3071.86
V8: 5.9.211.31
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 10.0.15063
os.arch: x64

About:error message (lost URL)

Hi @mindblast, thanks for posting.

The good news is that this issue is known and already fixed in our upcoming 0.18.x release.
The bad news is that the next release to go out is 0.17.x.

For most things we implement they work their way up through some release channels to get extra time for testing internally before releasing.

So just hang in there for the next couple releases and this will be fixed for you. Thanks again for participating in the community!

Hello @brian ,

I’m happy to hear that it’s already fixed. No worries about the bad news, I am a developer myself and know what you are talking about :slight_smile:

I sure will be around to explore for more.

See you later

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.