Tabs keep re-arranging themselves

windows

Have my tabs set in a very specific order.

The last two updates to Brave randomly rearranges my tabs whenever Brave opens.

Using Windows 10, no changes to my operating system except for the Brave updates.

Hi @AlM,
Can you confirm if this is the same issue you reported here: Oh my god stop with the tabs to new windows

If so, we have the feedback provided and profile data that we have added to the GitHub issue where this is being investigated and worked on.

Thanks!

I came to report (what I believe is) the same issue as @AIM is reporting, so I’m posting here rather than start a new thread… I checked the topic at the link you provided, and that is not the issue.

For months now, I have had a series of five pinned tabs, kept in a particular order. Starting two or three releases ago, when I would launch Brave, those tabs would be in a jumbled order and a couple of them would have duplicate versions of themselves pinned. No matter how many times I try to unpin them all and start over, the same issue re-occurs upon launching Brave. Also, after I try unpinning all of them and just closing everything out (I have Brave set to not remember/re-launch opened tabs from previous sessions), two of those tabs will stay pinned, no matter what, in the wrong order. I have too many bookmarks I don’t want to lose, and Sync still doesn’t work well enough, to uninstall & re-install the browser.

Brave remains my favorite/primary browser, and I really appreciate all the good work you guys are doing, but have to say this is the most annoying bug I’ve encountered since not being able to switch tabs without multiple clicks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Name Version
Brave 0.15.1
rev ea5024d
Muon 2.58.8
libchromiumcontent 58.0.3029.81
V8 5.8.283.32
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel dev
os.platform win32
os.release 10.0.15063
os.arch x64

Thanks for the additional detail @de.fault.

Let me see if I can locate a similar issue, or open one for your particular case.

@de.fault

Can you see if the 0.15.3 update resolves the issue when it arrives?

Thanks.

Yes, but the latest release just deleted all my tabs. Reloaded them, still shuffled

Here are the current settings:

Brave: 0.15.2
rev: af7ef42ad622f899312a38bdd0e2138154393627
Muon: 2.58.9
libchromiumcontent: 58.0.3029.96
V8: 5.8.283.37
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 10.0.15063
os.arch: x64

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.