Tabs in the loaded page is not working

BUG after latest update!!!

Irritating bug after the latest update! If we search for a movie, the page from the search engine(Google) loads with tabs like overview, cast, reviews etc. These tabs are actionless now. Just the first tab (Overview) remains active by default. Please rectify this as soon as possible.

Android version: 11
(Realme UI 2.0)
Device: Realme Narzo 30 Pro 5G
Model: RMX2117_11_C.11

1 Like

Having the same issue for restaurant from Google results. The tabs are not clickable/working (location, reviews, etc)

1 Like

I’m new here… Do the technical team usually make note of the issue soon ? Because it’s of regular use :smiling_face_with_tear:

@tonyaliasjoseph , @highwind85 ,

In a New Window, use the Brave Search Engine - its search field (not the URL address field) - at:

https://search.brave.com/

as a test, and use your search criteria. There are some tabs. Do they work(?):

• All
  • Images
  • News
  • Videos
  • Info

–

1 Like

Yes they work. In the brave search engine, the structural design is such that we have to scroll all the way down for the info bits which were given in tabs on top in case of Google movie/restaurant search (Overview, cast, reviews etc). Please do something on this and transition from Google seems smooth.

Works on Brave Search Engine.

The issue is on Google Search Engine on Brave Browser on mobile

I this example, the highlighted tabs from Google results would not respond on Brave Browser. They are fine if using Chrome Browser.

My Brave Browser is ver 1.38.109 on Android 12

1 Like

In addition to this, not sure if this is related, the Brave Browser on desktop is showing some quirks as well.

The highlighted tab and the Google reviews link do not work on Brave Browser and are fine in other browsers. Not too sure when all these hiccups started but should be related to the latest update.

Brave Browser version:
Version 1.38.109 Chromium: 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Found the solution. It’s due to introduction of “de-AMP” support in the last update. I guess this issue would persist if we continue to use Google as the search engine. Alternatively, “Auto Re-direct AMP Page” can be disabled.

3 Likes

Just curious, do you think this topic is related? Or is this something totally different?

Great. Thank you. Google uses our search data in one way or other so I thought there’s no point in enabling de-amp. Helped me a great deal. Thanks again.

Hi I reported an issue yesterday and just found this.

There seems to be a few similar issues caused by de-AMP setting, including on Google Image Search and YouTube.

Seems to work ok most of time on Desktop app, but not at all on Android app.

Is the de-AMP feature likely to get fixed to prevent these issues occuring?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.