Muon 4.5.16
libchromiumcontent 62.0.3202.94
V8 6.2.414.42
Node.js 7.9.0
Update Channel Release
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
OS Release 10.0.16299
OS Architecture x64

D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
I usually have about 10-20 tabs open at once. The first 5 tabs are on “Pin” mode (gmail, google calendar, trello, pocket, translator). The remaining tabs are random.
Every single day, after using brave for a few hours, some of the tabs (the non-pinned ones) suddenly become unresponsive. Usually the first couple tabs after the pinned tabs. I cannot toggle to those tabs. I click on them and nothing happens. So I basically have to restart Brave and then I can switch to those tabs again.
I noticed that this happens often when my computer returns from sleep mode. So for example, I’m at home using the computer, then I close it (sleep mode), go to work, and when I open the computer there, I can notice that Brave is not working properly, so I close and open it again and I can access all tabs.
This issue has been happening with me every single day. I love Brave but this issue is quite annoying.
Moreover, I love to have my pinned tabs in a specific order. However, it is quite a challenge to shuffle around and organize the position of all my tabs. The browser gets funky and very often the tabs detach from the main window and another instance of Brave is opened for these tabs. Overall, I believe you guys have to reevaluate the entire thing for tabs behavior.

Thank you so much. I hope this is enough.
Best.

Hi @vitorcoelho. We have an issue logged for having zombie tabs after system wakes up from sleep. You can track the issue here
https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/9865

There’s an issue logged for the pinned tab order as well and can be tracked here
https://github.com/brave/browser-laptop/issues/8543

For the pinned tabs a workaround when the order is lost is to quit the browser using Ctrl+Q and relaunching it. If you reorder it before quitting then even after relaunch the order will get changed.

This has been an issue for months! When will it be corrected? I really don’t even want to use Brave anymore because of this, and will probably send it to the dustbin if it isn’t corrected soon.

There is a lot of work being done on tab freeze and the next 0.20.x release should have a much better performance. Tab freeze has been identified by the team and are working towards a fix for the next release.

Any time soon is not soon enough. What I discovered yesterday 12/16/17, was that I could right-click and reload but it did not make accessible. I still had to end the entire session and relaunch. I love the security but this issue is getting old.

I’ve got same operating system and same problems. I thing this is a big problem that you must focus on. thank you for your attention

I have the same problem on Windows 10 Pro. Like, if I leave Brave for 12 hours to sleep, and I come back, the tabs will be frozen, except for the one that was open.

Hi,
I’m using Windows 7 and facing the same issue.

Brave: 0.19.123
Muon: 4.5.31

I’d just add that returning from sleep mode isn’t required for the tabs to freeze. Only using Brave for a few hours and about 10 tabs is enough for it to happen.
Thank you,

Great that this issue is (already) been worked on. I got this issue too, only my tabs (except the first one) usually start to freeze after a few minutes (even with activity, not sleep mode). The time varies (no idea why) but currently I never risk having more than 2 or 3 (max!) tabs open! :frowning: …and even those (second + third) freeze most of the time.

Brave: 0.19.123
rev: f45cb3a2b308ea1c893f8b2db6143958b8e8d0ac
Muon: 4.5.31
libchromiumcontent: 63.0.3239.108
V8: 6.3.292.48
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
OS Release: 6.1.7601
OS Architecture: x64

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.