Tabs can't be closed

bug

When I open a Brave browser, I can open new tabs and switch between them. In some time the last tab I stayed on can’t be closed anyhow. Right click of the mouse on the page itself does not pop up any menu. Only after you close the browser, you can start anew, until this bug appears again. I did not see this problem for about a week or so with the same settings, now it exists.

Hi, what os are you using and also could you paste the contents of about:Brave here so we can see what version you are using?

How long has this been happening?

Brave: 0.15.310
rev: af94843959bf97a8f2c6fab40e448123868a83d3
Muon: 3.0.201
libchromiumcontent: 58.0.3029.110
V8: 5.8.283.38
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: linux
os.release: 4.11.2-1-ARCH
os.arch: x64

Well, for about a week. Last night there was an update, but the problem is still there.

This is a strange behavior, could not find any issues on github related to this exact problem…
Maby you could try to creating a clean session and saving the old just to test if it is a corrupted save file, but I am not sure where to find the “Brave” file on Linux.
cc @sriram for info and help

One more observation. When the tab becomes inactive and cannot be closed by the mouse click, I reloaded the page and the page became blank, though the heading of the tab showed that the page is loaded. When I hovered the mouse over the tab, it show the contents, when I take away the mouse, the page content is blank and cannot be closed. Also the adjacent tabs cannot be closed.

Does the close button appear if you switch to other tabs and go back to the last tab you were active on?

@antonkharkov Do you see this behavior only the last tab ?

Also could you back up your brave profile and try with a new profile
Steps to bakcup

1. Open Home folder
  2. Show hidden items(Ctrl+H)
  3. Open .config folder
  4. Move the brave folder to Desktop/Documents
  5. Launch brave to create a new profile

There is an issue on Windows as well where the pinned tabs after launch shows up blank but on hover shows the page content but I have not expereinced the problem of not able to close tabs itself.

Thanks for your advice.
I will try and see according to the steps you mentioned.

As for the close button, yes, it appears, but it does not close neither the last (current) tab nor any other tabs. Also when I tried to open the settings, the dropped-down menu items did not react to clicks, no new window opened. The only function that is active is refreshing the page, but still the blank page remains.
Of course, re-opening the browser itself returns back to normal.

Please check my posts on the wall, as I can’t understand here if I replied to you or just made a post on the wall.

Same issue here. Only one tab can be actived, active tabtitle marked black. Tabselection using keyboard is not possible.
Tabs will reload once Brave is restarted. Then all behavior is normal.
About:brave

Brave: 0.17.13
rev: f7242c7ae683191b59388f567ccbd13d938b23d4
Muon: 4.1.7
libchromiumcontent: 59.0.3071.109
V8: 5.9.211.38
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 6.1.7601
os.arch: x64

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.