Tabs and memory

Hello,

I’m starting to use Brave seriously, although I had already installed it a few months ago (but I’m still very attached to Firefox). I wanted to know how Brave handles tabs, if it’s done intelligently to unload the memory when you have tabs open but not used. Do they become dormant? I read, yesterday, that Chrome has this feature in Performance, in the version that has just been updated, but I don’t know if it’s also present in Chromium, and that Brave will inherit it too in the next update.

Thanks for your clarifications and have a nice day/evening.

did you get an answer? I don’t see one. Bookmarks (tabs?) seem to be taking lots of memory. I don’t really want to delete the bookmarks. what to do?

The Save Memory or Suspend Tabs feature is now natively implemented.

Currently the "Default " time I believe is 1 Hour, this can be changed using the following Flag, the times to change are few, not to say inconsistent, but functional. I only ask that the time can be adjusted at will without having to enter the Flags.

brave://flags/#high-efficiency-mode-available

brave://settings/system

I hope this is helpful, if you want your doubts to be solved don’t hesitate to ask, that’s what the Community is for.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.