Tab Visualization Issue after 1.37.109 update

After the last browser update to version 1.37.109 the visualization of tabs in light mode shows a strange behavior. It seems that the font color of the inactive tabs have the color from the dark mode now. So they are hardly to read now. In dark mode the visualization of the tabs is normal.

Light mode:

Dark mode:

This issue was noticed on a PC with the following specs:

Windows 10; Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1586)
Brave Version 1.37.109 Chromium: 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-Bit)

1 Like

I’m seeing the same thing after I ran an update today. Have installed the following theme which puts a little less strain on the eyes but not as pretty as the previous default theme.

Windows 10 Pro, 21H1 (Build 19043.1526)
Version 1.37.109 Chromium: 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hi

I dont have this problem.

I have windows 11. 21H2 Build 22000.556.

Thanks for this hint. This reduces the pain a bit but I hope there will be an official fix for this odd tab appearance soon.

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well, which seems to have occurred after the latest update. The difference for me is dark mode is also affected, rendering the text almost completely unreadable.

W10 Home 21H2

I am not experiencing this issue even when I change themes. Wonder what the difference is… ?

Brave: 1.37.109 Chromium: 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I found out, what’s the cause for this issue. It depends on the color settings of Windows.

If I uncheck the setting “title bars and window borders”:

then it looks normal again:

3 Likes

This worked for me, thanks Chezar.

1 Like

@Chezar you should mark your post as the solution! :smiley:

My issue is only with Dark Mode, the text is invisible. Changing windows themes is not working for me, and issue only started with the recent update.

This fixed my issue for me as well. Thanks for posting this

1 Like

My problem is on the dark mode the titles are not readable.

Update: I tried the solution above and it looks like it worked. Its sad that you won’t be able to use your preferred windows colors tho.

1 Like

This issue is also being addressed in the Feature Request topic linked below. You may want to track that topic, especially for seeing if a solution can be found without having your preferred OS theme disabled.

1 Like

I don’t know if I would call it a solution. It’s more of a workaround. A solution would be that this workaround would no longer be necessary. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think this question really belongs to this thread, but anyway. Rewards normally are paid around the 7th of the following month. So be patient and wait a few days and the rewards should be there.

You can have a look at your browser’s rewards screen: brave://rewards/
Mine tells me that the rewards will be there in around three days:

Hope this helps

1 Like

Whaaaatt? Are you serious? No, no, no!
One cannot blame Windows and set this as a solution to an issue that occurs ONLY in one app. I have 4 browsers installed (Brave as default) and none of the others have this issue!
This can be a workaround, but never a solution!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.