Tab bar colour too black

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. the black tab bar makes it almost impossible for my old eyes to see it. Can it be changed/adjusted??

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Hi @mufngruf, welcome to Community!

If you go to brave://settings/appearance you’ll be able to change the Brave colours from Dark to Light.

Hello Aa-ron
Forgive my stupidity but my "appearance’ settings are already on “light”… and yet the actual “Tab Bar” along the very top of the page, is almost completely black except for the tab I’m on at the time… which then kinda melts into the main bookmarks bar…
like this…

Any further help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

tony

Hi @mufngruf,

Those tab colours are not the default Brave tab colours. Do you have any themes/extensions enabled in Brave?

not that I know of… that’s just the way it installed.

Wonder if that’s MacOS’s dark theme… if you go into Mac’s system prefs and change it exclusively to light, does the tabs change?

1 Like

don’t think so… after all, this is the safari browser on the same mac…

at least they’re all the same fairly light shade.

@mufngruf,
It may sound weird, but can you try going to Settings --> Appearance and try toggling the browser theme from Light (what it should be set to currently), to dark, then back to light again and see if this resolves the issue?

not weird - but i already tried that.

Can someone post a screenshot of their own tabs/bookmark bars the way they’re supposed to be?

@mufngruf,
It should look like this:

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.