Syslog overflow

I recently got an out of storage notification on my recently installed Linux Ubuntu Bionic Beaver system. after investigating where the problem was coming from, I realize that the /var/log/syslog was 125GB in size which is abnormal.
after running
$ tail -f /var/log/syslog
brave_brave.desktop[8108]: [8108:8241:0323/205510.734482:ERROR:address_tracker_linux.cc(314)] Failed to recv from netlink socket: Permission denied (13)

I realize that brave is overflowing the system with the above error. using all of the system memory, processing units, and storage in the process. I decided to purge both brave-browser and brave-keyring and reinstalling brave from scratch. And lastly, clear the syslog file with
$ cat /dev/null > /var/log/syslog, as superuser,
but the problem persist

$ uname -a
Linux Morpheus 4.18.0-16-generic #17~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 12 13:35:51 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Brave:
Version 0.61.52 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

problem resolved, The problem was caused through the improper removal of brave application with the us of snap command. snap purge brave removes brave without disconnecting it from the kernel, should of run the obvious snap remove brave.

Do not install brave from the snap repository, use the steps given on the website through apt(-get)

Hey, I ran into the same problem. After removing the snap brave my syslog is overflowing with the same error.
How did you get rid of it? Installing and removing over the ubuntu software centre did’t help.

I was running on Ubuntu 18.04, so don’t know if it would work for the older versions of the distro.
but I ran the following command to clear the overflowing syslog file

sudo sh -c 'cat /dev/null > /var/log/syslog'

after the command double check the size of the file to see if the overwrite worked, this does not solve your problem it only cleans up the log.

For stopping the log entry we need to find and stop the writer itself. If the origin is from a brave snap package than the following will help, other wise skip the below information and find out who the actual culprit is.

than since i previously purged the snap brave package I re-install the brave via snap

snap install brave

and then remove the application the proper way using remove and NOT purge

snap remove brave

than re-install brave through the brave recommended way through apt-get
https://brave-browser.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing-brave.html#linux