Syncing multiple Brave instances - rewards aren't sync'd, Mac can't sync

Description of the issue:
I have three Brave installs:
Brave on Ubuntu
Brave on Android
Brave on Mac

Ubuntu and Android are sync’d together. However, my Brave rewards appear to be individual for each instance. Shouldn’t they merge and flow together due to sync?

My Mac, which is my work laptop, cannot sync with my multi-word security key. Upon entering the key, the Submit button never activates - it’s always a faint orange.

Shouldn’t all three of these instances play, sync and rewards together in unison?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

• Install on Ubuntu. Set up sync and rewards.
  • Install on Android. Sync with long multi word key. // works!
  • Install on Mac. Attempt to sync with multi-word key // stuck

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

• Brave rewards between Android and Ubuntu appear to be separated
  • Brave on Mac’s orange submit button not activated after entering multi word security key

Expected result:

• wallet, bookmarks, passwords, rewards all synced with all linked instances

Reproduces how often:
100%

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Current on all three. Currently 0.68.142, Android is 1.4.0

Additional Information:

1 Like

Brave Sync is for now only sync your bookmarks across-devices. Wallet sync and other type of browser data sync is coming.

cc @Mattches @sriram @gsarvadnya for assistance about your sync issue.

Thanks @eljuno Makes sense about the wallet. Hopefully that comes soon.

Hopefully some tips for Brave on my work Mac.

As @eljuno mentioned the other items will be available on sync but currently, there is no date set for its release. Its only bookmarks for now.

Does it allow you to start a new sync chain on mac? Did you reset sync on this profile before?

@sriram Interesting. After trying to set up a sync chain on my work Mac, cancelling it, I was able to enter my other Brave instance’s sync chain, and now in business. That little step obviously did something that allowed me to progress.

Thanks for the tip. I’m now set on all my computers. Effectively this topic can be closed, although I still want that cross-instance wallet sync. Thank you Brave team!

Thanks for the confirmation @AndrewB. Right now we are reworking sync in general so wallet sync is not on the priority list but will surely follow other things in sync. Going to close the thread for now. Please open a new one if you run into anything else