Synced mobile folders on desktop bookmarks bar?

Description of the issue:
How do I add the Mobile booksmarks folder that was synced from my phone - to the booksmarks bar on my windows desktop Brave browser?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
How do I add the Mobile booksmarks folder that was synced from my phone - to the booksmarks bar on my windows desktop Brave browser?

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
N/A
Expected result:
N/A
Reproduces how often:
N/A
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

v1.46.144

Additional Information:

Have you setup a sync chain?

Yes, sync chain was setup.
I want to be able to put the phones Mobile booksmarks folder in my Desktop bookmarks bar.
It can still sit where it is in my booksmark, if I can create an alias to it in the booksmark bar, it doesn;t necessarily have to move to the booksmark bar.

@mikmikmikmik Mobile and Desktop will permanently be two things. You can’t combine the two. That said, if they are synced, you can always choose where to save each website and you can operate just out of one if you’d like. For example, I tend to default to Bookmarks (my Desktop) for most things.

That said, as I’m sure you know, you can always create additional folders within your Bookmarks and all, so if you wanted to created a folder you’re going to call “My Mobile” or something, that’s possible, then you just have to select to save to that folder each time you bookmark.

NOTE

And, of course, you could just move all your Bookmarks from Mobile over to Bookmarks, leaving your Mobile empty.

Ok, I should have mentioned this earlier. If I want a brave widget on my phone, it uses Mobile bookmarks that Brave has created itself somewhere on the phone.
On the desktop, it is no good creating a similar folder called Mobile bookmarks and then throwing stuff into it, cos the widget doesn’t pick anything up, unless it is the original Mobile bookmarks that Brave itself has created on the phone.
At one point in trying to get this to work, after the sync from the desktop, brave would show any bookmarks on the phone, I just got the spinning icon in the middle of the phone screen, so whatever I did on the desktop, the phone didn’t like it. I think what I did was moved the bookmarks out of Mobile bookmarks on my desktop to another folder, then deleted the Mobile bookmarks folder in the desktop Brave, then recreated the Mobile bookmarks folder in the desktop bookmarks bar, and then moved everything into that. When the phone synced from the desktop, it didn’t like a Mobile bookmarks folder that it didn’t create itself and so wouldn’t do anything on the phone other than show the spinning icon.

Therefore, if I have tons of bookmarks in my Mobile bookmarks folder on my phone, then on my desktop, when it is synced, the Mobile bookmarks is in the bookmarks tree in my desktop, but there is no way to move it up into the bookmarks bar, to make it easier to get to a bookmark within it.

At least that’s what I think.

No idea how to edit previous post, so this line is wrong. brave would show any bookmarks on the phone
It is meant to say “brave wouldn’t show any bookmarks on the phone”

Ok, I should have mentioned this earlier. If I want a brave widget on my phone, it uses Mobile bookmarks that Brave has created itself somewhere on the phone.
On the desktop, it is no good creating a similar folder called Mobile bookmarks and then throwing stuff into it, cos the widget doesn’t pick anything up, unless it is the original Mobile bookmarks that Brave itself has created on the phone.
At one point in trying to get this to work, after the sync from the desktop, brave would show any bookmarks on the phone, I just got the spinning icon in the middle of the phone screen, so whatever I did on the desktop, the phone didn’t like it. I think what I did was moved the bookmarks out of Mobile bookmarks on my desktop to another folder, then deleted the Mobile bookmarks folder in the desktop Brave, then recreated the Mobile bookmarks folder in the desktop bookmarks bar, and then moved everything into that. When the phone synced from the desktop, it didn’t like a Mobile bookmarks folder that it didn’t create itself and so wouldn’t do anything on the phone other than show the spinning icon.

Therefore, if I have tons of bookmarks in my Mobile bookmarks folder on my phone, then on my desktop, when it is synced, the Mobile bookmarks is in the bookmarks tree in my desktop, but there is no way to move it up into the bookmarks bar, to make it easier to get to a bookmark within it.

At least that’s what I think.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.