Sync v2 between Macbook and Android phone, not happening

Description of the issue:
I wish to use the sync function, initially to be able to send links from phone to laptop via the Share function. I have connected the two devices and can see both in each their lists of sync’ed devices, but when I have a tab I want to send from the phone to my computer I am shown a popup saying I must turn on sync in the other device… so I have removed the link to the laptop within the phone’s Brave sync settings, and made a new connection. Again I see both devices in the lists of either.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Have a tab open in Brave on phone that I wish to send to the laptop
  2. click the three dots to open the options menu,
  3. select the share icon at the bottom, second from the right
  4. select/click the “Send to your devices” icon

…Ok, so just now for the first time (after I have changed some settings on both, and restarted them, and was going through the steps for the purpose of outlining them above) it didn’t give me the “you have to turn on sync in the other device”-message and within a few seconds it has come up on the laptop, so I guess I was able to work it out on my own without really knowing what I did??? I’ll still create the post to leave it for reference should someone some day find it useful, but it can be closed and locked right away and no need to respond to me; however since this connection isn’t automatic in Brave as it was with my ex-browser Chrome and google accounts, it might be worth clarifying the necessary steps in the FAQ or Sync instructions for future users with a similar issue.

Reproduces how often:
Every time I try to send a link (via an open tab in Brave) from Android phone to Macbook Pro
Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
1.21.73 on MacBook and 1.20.108 on Android phone (Moto G5)
Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
A 2012 MacBook Pro running 10.11.4 El Capitan and Motorola G5 running Android 8.1.0
Additional Information:
I see there are some suggestions towards other threads with similar subjects but they have either been closed without response months ago, or have no responses yet…

I absolutely don’t need nor want all the tabs to sync between the two devices, I just want to be able to send links from one to the other without using an external app like Whatsapp (using a private group with just myself).

Cheers and thank you for this awesome initiative, I am new to Brave and appreciate its similarities to Chrome, as well as things like in-built ad blocker, which makes for such a much cleaner browsing experience.

Have a great rest of the week!! :blush: :upside_down_face: :grinning:

1 Like