Sync renaming folder does not update

First off I would like to thank the Brave devs for the Brave browser and how they have put lots of work into improving it over 2019. Sync has now worked a lot better (at least with the small tests I have done with a dozen bookmarks) and getting the browser polished to a brave look and fell and less of a chrome look and feel.

I hope to see more improvements such as a import/export bookmarks on Android feature, more sync fixes and sync settings such as a force sync button.

However with the tests I have done with a few bookmarks and folders, I have tested the following by syncing my desktop computer (Linux) to my Android device

add bookmark on desktop
add bookmark on mobile
remove bookmark on desktop
remove bookmark on mobile
rename bookmark on desktop (Example: My Videos -> Videos)
rename bookmark on mobile (Example: My Videos -> Videos)
rename bookmark by lowercasing first letter on desktop (Example: Videos -> videos)
rename bookmark by lowercasing first letter on mobile (Example: Videos -> videos)
changing URL on bookmark on desktop
changing URL on bookmark on mobile
creating new folder on desktop
creating new folder on mobile
deleting folder on desktop
deleting folder on mobile
move bookmark into folder on desktop
move bookmark into folder on mobile
move folder into another folder on desktop
move folder into another folder on mobile
rename folder on desktop (Example: My Videos -> Videos)
rename folder on mobile (Example: My Videos -> Videos)
rename folder by lowercasing first letter on desktop (Example: Videos -> videos)
rename folder by lowercasing first letter on mobile (Example: Videos -> videos)

All these little tests seem to sync, except for renaming the folder by lowercasing a letter such as Videos to videos. This is the only thing that has not synced to my desktop which I renamed on my mobile.

I am using Brave [Version 1.0.0 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97] on Linux
I am using Brave [Version 1.5.2 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108] On Android

With further testing it will seem after I imported my bookmark HTML which has over 1000 bookmarks the sync feature breaks down. My mobile devices never fully syncs and is missing about 100 bookmarks and any new bookmarks do not sync between devices. To my understanding the sync feature gets bloated as more bookmarks are saved.

And you’re not alone here: Brave Sync is really buggy! . As I know they actively work on sync feature’s new version for mobiles. But recently I’ve got another problem with brave on mobile: it just crashes too often on various pages :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.