Sync passwords across devices in addition to existing data

sync

This request is about being able to sync passwords in addition to the existing ability to link bookmarks, favorites, and browsing history across different devices (e.g. laptop, desktop, etc).

Currently, if brave is to be used in multiple machines, then you’d have to add all of your credentials, manually (by logging in to every site), or try going through user-unfriendly and problematic workarounds.

One such workaround would be to use a different browser’s sync feature (e.g. Firefox’s), in order to re-import passwords from the browser every time a new credential is added, but this is cumbersome; it could even end up creating duplicates of everything for each attempt, so I’m not planning to test it and potentially mess up my stuff.

This is why the ability to sync passwords across devices is being requested. I also think passwords should be allowed to be exported to a file, with the option to encrypt it (e.g. using AES-256) for offline backup storage purposes in a way that would allow decryption from the shell[1].

Please note that this is not the same as this request, which basically asks for the ability to import passwords from Chrome.

Thanks in advance!

[1] For example, $ openssl aes-256-cbc -d -in passwords.xml.aes256 >passwords.xml

We have an issue logged for sync features. You can track it here. I have added +1 for passwords sync
https://github.com/brave/sync/issues/59