Sync on IOS is not working

Same. But for iOS and Mac OS (!) Bookmarks Sync seemed to work for a while and then zip. And nary a word from the dev side. Also tempted to go back to Google. It’s that bad.

1 Like

See my latest post in For well over a month now sync is completely broken iOS devices - plus other bugs with sync on iOS too. (iOS) If you have iOS please can you read - I have found a possible workaround.

If it fails as noted in that post I will ditch Brave and change to the new Safari, and use iCloud sync to Firefox on my PC for that one non-Apple device I have.

1 Like

after updating to 1.34 today my sync is now working again :grinning:

1 Like

sorry, i spoke to soon.

its synced once when opening up for the first time after the update then hasn’t since

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. My bookmarks sync perfectly between my Xubuntu desktop and my Mac laptop, but they don’t sync to my iPhone. I have to remove the iPhone from the sync chain and add it again to get bookmarks to sync. Is anybody from Brave paying attention to this issue?

Yes they are looking into it

Are they aware of this issue?
I was also thinking of modifying my rating for Brave on App store.
People adopting it should know exactly what is working and what not before they try it.

check out this thread:

https://community.brave.com/t/brave-sync-on-ios-is-completely-broken-and-has-been-for-many-months-plus-other-bugs-with-sync-on-ios-too-ios-if-you-have-ios-please-read/

I just started using Brave on a PC and notice much better speed and lower CPU usage as compared to Chrome, which I really like! Unfortunately the Sync feature with iOS 15.3 does not bring over all the username/passwords. It appears to get all the bookmarks and only ~30% of the username/pwords. I’m guessing I have ~50 username/pwd combinations to sync.
I’ve made sure to “sync all” and have removed/reinstalled Brave on my iphone to no avail.
Does anyone have a fix for this?

there is no username / password sync on iOS

To my knowledge Brave is the only browser natively capable of blocking youtube commercials? Am i mistaken? Which one does it too without additional plugins? Safari for sure not…?

Hello you all.
I try to replace Google by Brave. I have an issue with synchronisation.
Even if I follow the procedure, from Brave on my Macbook to my Iphone, I cannot synchronize.
The QR code does not appears and, as I said, even if I follow the entire procedure, it does not work. I’d like to have a little help. Many thanks.

It’s being looked at by the devs, no news on a fix right now though

1 Like

Hello. Thank you for your reply. I thought it was my fault.
I hope it will work again, because I try to find a reliable solution to replace Google.
Cheers

for now, Firefox might be a good alternative

Good morning and thank you for your response. I am trying various alternatives.
Unfortunately, I have to continue to use some Google services, such as Drive and Photo.
I have tried many different internet browsers.
I use Mac, so Safari, then Brave, Duckduckgo (IOS only) but I use the plugin, Opera, Edge, Tor and Firefox.
Each browser has its own qualities and flaws.
I actually thought Brave might be the right choice.
Firefox I’ve never loved, since its inception. I always found it too complicated, too many parameters and not very friendly. Obviously it’s a personal opinion.
I see that Brave is not finalized yet, with errors on synchronization and other small defects.
But one thing I didn’t understand: if I use Brave and connect with my Google profile, am I better protected or will I have the same privacy problems as Chrome?
I’m also trying to simplify my internet usage as much as possible.
I got lost over the years with too many browsers, too many email services.
But I can’t seem to find an easy and simple guide line.
I was hoping Brave would be the solution.

privacy settings in google can be changed here:

Sync on iOS/Mac is such a horrible experience right now. If I start on Mac, I get a QR code but on iOS there is no way to scan it that is easy to find. In fact, there are posts here that direct users to not do that and instead start on mobile devices.

Regarding that, the “Copy to clipboard” action does not seem to work on both my iPhone 12 and iPad Pro. I am also unable to select the text code to manually copy it and paste it on my macbook. Why??? This is just super frustrating and completely turns me off of trying this browser again. Small things like this matter and when they don’t work, who knows what else isn’t working too.

Weird, I started a new sync chain yesterday on iOS and iPadOS (as well as other systems) and had none of these problems

On my phone, I deleted/redownloaded the browser and now it seems to be working fine, go figure that a totally new installation is the workaround here. Previously I had no way to start a new sync chain from iOS. Going to ‘Sync’ menu gave me the “Add new device” screen. This still occurs on my iPad which I’ve had Brave on for a while and have the latest update to Brave/iPadOS. I am unable to copy the sync code at all, clicking the “Copy to clipboard” action doesn’t do anything (even going to Notes app, there is nothing to paste) and I’m unable to select the text which makes no sense either.