Sync on IOS is not working

mine just disconnects after the first day and i have to remove the ios device and re-pair.

3 Likes

When I upgraded to iOS 15.x a couple of weeks ago, sync stopped working on two of my iPhones.

All bookmarks still present but the phone does not recognise the historical sync chain. it prompts me to start a new sync chain.

settings > sync on desktop brave shows last active sync with these devices Nov 10th and 11th if that coincides with a Brave update.

2 Likes

Yeah the problem is still the same.
I have reset up the sync every 2 days on latest ios build.

2 Likes

i’m getting the exactly the same issue

1 Like

Same here on iOS. Sync stops working instantly on ALL iOS devices but is fine on PC

Made a post about it

4 Likes

Hi what are your Sync configurations, did you set it to Sync Everything?
On your mobile device you should be able to toggle some settings as well like bookmarks and history

Yes, on pc/mac it’s Sync Everthying and on IOS it’s both Boomarks and History.
Still not working.

I have the same problem. Trying to sync PC’s bookmarks to iOS/iPhone.
I captured PC’s QR code from iPhone in order to sync.
It’s been 2 days and still don’t see same bookmarks from PC on iPhone/iOS.

does anyone know what the frequency of the syncing is on iOS

Ensure that you are saving your bookmarks in the proper areas.

1. Bookmark site - Youtube.com

2. Save bookmark in mobile bookmarks
    Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.21.50 AM

3. Go into phone setting - select bookmarks

1. Youtube is bookmarked under Mobile Bookmarks instantly.

tried exactly what you did:

I’m affected by this as well. Bookmarks from IOS appear to be syncing, but history is not. My PCs are syncing history just fine though.

Same here. Bookmarks from IOS are syncing, but the history is not syncing between my mac and iPhone.
I have checked all the advanced settings and history is set on both devices - as it only sets history by default.

Doing some searching this appears to be an ongoing problem that has never been fully resolved.
Just over a week ago decided to give Brave a go and maybe I won’t bother now.

update: Just noticed that passwords and open tabs do not sync to the iPhone app. So basically the only thing which is synced between the desktop and the iPhone app, are the bookmarks! Really!!
Safari is far from great, but at least all these things sync.
Guess I will have to try Firefox instead.

1 Like

everything but open tabs is checked on my linux desktop…

The ongoing lack of password sync between desktop and iOs is making life increasingly hard manually juggling password credentials between devices when I sign up for new accounts. Will you please prioritise this?

+1. Same problem here. I have to reset the sync code on iOS regularly to get bookmarks to sync again.

1 Like

I think the dev team test it and can’t reproduce but I wrote in the initial decription that it works immediatley after it’s being setup but stops working from next day onwards.
I think they should try to follow the exact steps to reproduce this and try to fix it.

1 Like

I have tried this exact same scenario several times. A “Mobile Bookmarks” should be in the desktop version’s bookmarks, is that right? In fact, that folder has never appeared on the desktop version.
iPhone 8; iOS 15.1; Brave for iOS V1.32.3
Macbook Air late 2017; Mac OS 12.0.1 Monterey; Brave desktop V1.32.115

Just noticing the same here. For me, it has not sync’d since Nov 19. I tried deleting the connection and scanning the QR code from the desktop but the screen scans and that does absolutely nothing pausing on the camera page with the QR pic

1 Like

i got some success here;

i started my sync chain on iOS then linked the other devices to it and its been working ok, for now

1 Like

Keep us updated.
Generally it stops after 1 or 2 days.

1 Like