Sync on Android never finishes setup

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
After setting up sync on both Android and PC, the PC shows itself on the sync chain but Android just shows “loading devices”. No data has been synced and the Android shows an error message if I try to leave the sync chain, saying it’s still being set up.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Set up sync on desktop
  2. Scan QR code on Android

Expected result:
Both the PC and Android sync pages display the other device under Devices

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

I’ve seen some suggest toggling Sync everything and restarting Brave on both platforms but that didn’t do anything for me. I’m also unable to remove the Android device from the sync chain because it is currently being set up (an error message pops up telling me that)

We have been waiting for this new sync for a long time now and what did we get…a half completed sync that doesn’t sync with the devices you pick or only syncs a limited amount of things. The only things I want to sync are my computer and my Android phone but nope so still can’t. Big disappointment this new sync 2 is.

I work in QA and I’m not at all surprised that a large rewrite of a feature has issues for some users. With a userbase this large it’s inevitable

Sorry but unfortunately that answer doesn’t wash as this has been in test for quite some time now and I’m sure that these issues will have come up with the testing so it shouldn’t have been released yet or a memo released outlining what will be synced and what won’t so that people don’t waste hours on something that wasn’t going to work for them yet. I understand that there will be unknown bugs but what has been described on here does not sound like unknown bugs but known issues.

I don’t work on Brave, so I don’t care what you think of my answer. Software is complex and having worked in large projects myself, I expect these sorts of things to happen. In saying that, I’m having an issue and am posting here in the hopes of assistance. If you’d like to complain, raise your own issue rather than hijacking mine, please.

1 Like

Not hijacking anything and just commented on your post and as its a free world I will post wherever I chose thank you. Now, saying that I will just inform you that I deleted brave from my phone, reinstalled it, made sure that it was the latest version and now my PC and phone are synced. You’re welcome by the way. Have a nice day.