Sync not works, but keeps older sync code, neither leave sync group

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, wUe have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Sync not working neither leaves the sync channel, but holds older sync code.
  2. running Brave 1.25.70 Chromium 91.0.4472.77 version on windows 20H1.
  3. Earlier the sync worked well, but unable to leave the existing sync neither add up to wallet. But Wallet is validated and showing. Accumulated BATs are not transferred to Uphold anymore. Need help

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

2021-06-10_13-46-35

@4n3g4n,
Can you please clarify what you’re asking here? Note that Sync has nothing to do with Rewards – so it sounds like you’re having two seperate issues here.

ok, let me put the question in this way.
I could not get out / leave the sync code / reset sync in my brave browser with latest version. Everytime I select leave sync code and close the browser, nothing changes. Still the old sync code remains and not getting sync reset. Even I reinstalled the browser… This Sync issue persists.
Hope I cleared it

I have the same problem in my PC.

@4n3g4n,
So one of the devices is a Windows machine what is the other device on the chain? Have you tried leaving the chain on both devices?

Additionally, if you are willing to perform a full un/reinstall of the browser (if needed), you’ll need to ensure you uninstall the application and delete the associated data, located in

\~users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\

I imagine that this didn’t work the first time because this data was not removed, which is why your Sync state stayed the same.

okay great. I delete all that folder, but how do I save the current BAT that I have?

@emisanchez,
Is your wallet verified at this time?

Yes my wallet is verified

he question is that my BATs are already in my wallet, but the current BATs … those that I have not claimed yet and that will pay me in July, what happens to them if I delete the entire folder or install Brave again?

he question is that my BATs are already in my wallet, but the current BATs … those that I have not claimed yet and that will pay me in July, what happens to them if I delete the entire folder or install Brave again?

Gone.

• (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thanks for you so much

1 Like

yes, we can delete the profile folder as well. but there should be a way to retain the accumulated BATs before adding to Wallet when we uninstall, delete this folder and reinstall, the past BATs should repopulate on its own (Not the wallet tokens) or a manual way to backup a file and restore while reinstalling the Brave browser.