Sync Has Stopped And No Longer Syncs

android

I have two windows computers and two Android devices. I setup sync and had all my bookmarks on my one computer. Within minutes my second computer has gotten all the bookmarks synced. My two Android devices however took a lot long and has not fully synced.

I have over 6000 bookmarks and so far my Android devices only have synced over 4500 bookmarks. I tried everything I can think of, I tried restarting Brave on my computers and Android devices, I tried restarting my Android devices and restarting my computers.

I am unsure if they devices are talking to the sync server or if the computers are unable to talk to the sync server.

Is there a way to start a manual sync? Is there a way to troubleshoot weather my Brave browser is connecting to the sync servers or if the brave browsers are talking to one another?

I also noticed a minor bug when setting up sync that the QR code will not appear on my computer when I ask it to show the QR code. However I just entered the word seed instead.

Any feedback will be most appreciated!

I tried again twice. When it comes to my two laptops the bookmarks sync pretty much instantly and of my 6000+ bookmarks are synced between my laptops but my two andriod devices never get fully synced.

When it comes to adding/removing a bookmark on my one laptop, the other laptop updates accordingly but when I add/remove a bookmark on one of my andriod devices the other andriod device and laptop will not update accordingly.

1 Like

@trymeout,
Apologies for the late response and thank you for your detailed report.
We’re currently capturing data around Sync errors here – I’ve included your report in the thread on your behalf. We appreciate your patience as we try to find some commonalities and hammer out these issues.

1 Like

Thank you! Once Sync works with Android I can finally ditch chrome forever!

1 Like
closed #5

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.