Sync doesnt work with new brave version and i dont have the old version anymore

I was using the old brave version on my macbook that i selled where i have create the sync phases a long time ago. And now i just downloaded the new Brave on my new macbook and tried to sync, the errors appers saying:
This code was generated by a discontinued version of Brave. First frontage the upgrade of your other device.
The problem is i dont have the old version Brave anymore and already tried to dowload the old version brave but when i finish the instalation he update automatic and i cant to sync with any old brave version.

Anyone can help me please?

Hi

Try this:

1. Install Old Brave offline.
  2. Delete Brave update files as in image (for Windows).
  3. Sync online.

i have tried this sometimes, didnt worked. When i install old brave offine it create a lot
of process of update, even the folders on his repository and he tries connect to internet all the time.

Hi, i just got the sync successfuly

1- Install old brave offine on windows : v1.32.89/BraveBrowserStandaloneDevSetup.exe)
2 Sync with old phases.
3- Update the brave, sync again with the new sync methods
Thanks
@CerealLover

I think it’s overkill and might cause problems.

There’s a simple solution to prevent autoupdate.

Disable all Inheritance of the file C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Update\BraveUpdate.exe

If you need to update again or install another version, just re-enable it.

I got it with another way but thanks.

1 Like

How? i´m facing the same problem.

Paths:

1- Disable of network adapter to be offine.
2- Install old brave offine on windows : v1.32.89/BraveBrowserStandaloneDevSetup.exe) (github)
3- Sync with old phases.
4- Update the brave, sync again with the new sync methods
Thanks