Sync doesn't work (even after clearing sync flags/data and starting over) after each update in September 2022

Description of the issue:
I’m having the same exact issue as outlined in this post: My Sync no longer works but it was closed so I’m logging my own as was the instruction at the end of that topic.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. Use brave sync. The issue is that sync will work for some time after clearing sync data and setting up the chain again, then it just stops working on its own.

Reproduces how often:
after each update so far in September.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
v1.44.101

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Android (Pixel 6 pro), Linux mint, windows 11, windows 10

Additional Information: This issue comes up reliably after each update is installed in brave starting in early September 2022. Something seems to be breaking the sync chain when the application updates. Being required to reset the sync chain after every software update is not an acceptable answer.

All of them are getting the message or which device does it happen with?

Just to clarify, you’re saying you get the message that says Brave could not access your operating system’s safe storage?

The Android phone has been the only thing that has maintained the sync chain. The Windows and Linux computers both have shown the same message about not being able to access the operating system safe storage. It happens the moment brave updates to a new version starting with the first release that came out in September, so it’s happened a couple times this month.