Sync doesn't recognise the 24 words in my sync code

Description of the issue:
I have 3 devices that were all running Brave they’re a Win 10 PC & laptop and a Chromebook. I had to reinstall Brave on the Chromebook and when I came to paste in the sync code it returns “sync could not be setup [incorrect number of words]” my code consists of 24 words but it’s only reporting 22 hence the problem. I’ve manually typed in the words and and it correctly recognises 24 and commences syncing, so the problem is resolved other than there may be a bug causing it to not to recongise the correct amount of words

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Reinstalled Brave again but the problem remains, until I manually input the code
Reproduces how often:
every time
Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Application version Brave 1.34.80. Chromium 97.0.4692.71

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
currently only the win 10 Pc & laptop
Additional Information:
Operating System Android 9 Build/R97-14324.72.0

@Oneeasygeezer

So Copy and Paste, of the 24-word code phrase, fails; and therefore, you have to manually type in the 24 words.

Question: Anywhere in your Brave Browser for Android, Sync settings . . . is there an I have a Sync Code button?

Thanks.

The easiest solution; delete the sync account on the device you’re copying the code from.

Now go to the new computer/brave browser and create a new sync chain

Add all the previous/ old devices and sync everything, all your information will be synced throughout the devices