Sync cannot work very well after I install Brave with Scoop

Background:

I installed the Brave browser with a package manager called Scoop(https://github.com/ScoopInstaller/Scoop), and I set sync.

Problem:

I found that when I open the Brave by the shortcut created by scoop, everything is synced. But if I click the links in other softwares, like links in my Instant Message tool, or link in my Notebook tool, sync will not work, there is nothing at all.

Analysis:

It seems that two shortcut is different: one is the shortcut created by installer, and the other one is default application in windows.

For the shortcut created by installer, the target of shortcut is:
D:\scoop\apps\brave\current\brave.exe --user-data-dir=“D:\scoop\apps\brave\current\User Data”

For the default app used by windows, it seems that it will not use --user-data-dir argument, so it will open Brave with default user data dir. And the device part in sync is like:

Question:

Is installing by Scoop not recommended? or the problem is only caused by two user data dir in one machine?

Whatever, I will uninstall Brave by scoop and reinstall it by the official installer. I believe this can solve the problem.

1 Like