Sync breaks when you misspell word

Description of the issue:
If you misspell the sync chain words your phone is stuck forever and you can never sync again.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Input wrong sync words.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I am using brave beta because all my bookmarks are there and I can’t sync them to normal brave.

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Phone I can not add any others.

Additional Information:

1 Like

@BracketsJogo,
Thanks for reaching out.
To confirm, you’re saying that after misspelling one of the code words and tapping Done, the Sync screen gets stuck on the first image you shared? What happens if you close/reopen the browser and try going back to the Sync page?

This happened months ago I just only now decided to try brave support. I have tryed clearing cache and restarting the browser.

@BracketsJogo,
Can you please tell me that if after misspelling one of the code words and tapping Done, does the Sync screen gets stuck on the first image you shared?

What happens if you close/reopen the browser and try going back to the Sync page?

Yes The sync screen gets stuck at loading.
Nothing happens when I close and reopen brave. Oh yah sometimes a popup will come that said that sync is not working. But thats it.

@BracketsJogo,
Can you please go to your brave://sync-internals page and, on this page, click the Disable Sync (Clear data) option:
Then close your browser, re-launch and try to establish a Sync chain again and tell me if this resolves the issue?

Wow it worked! Thank you!

2 Likes

@BracketsJogo,
Very glad to hear it. Marking this as solved – please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.