Switching to fullscreen in Youtube is too long

Hi guys, I have a problem. Watching Youtube, I noticed, that switching from normal view to fullscreen is too long! Like 15-20 sec, but in chrome, it takes only 3 sec.
My processor is good(ryzen 7 1700) and IDK why it is happening
Also, I cleared cookies and relogined, it did not help

1 Like

@ferbines,
10-15 is certainly too long.
Can you tell me if you have any extensions installed at this time? One of them may be causing the hang. Additionally, you can try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I was testing that thing with Hardware Acceleration on/off, but it didn’t help. My extensions (

Some videos switch to fullscreen just in 2-4 sec, but this 15-20sec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO1zNmt0AMM&list=PLk0Zsqvia5ipS41MCS-dGOXOkrjc1KYDr&index=11

1 Like

@ferbines,
It’s likely not related to any specific video. I would wager that one of the extensions you have installed is conflicting with the browser/full screen behavior. Can you please try opening a Private window (ensure none of these extensions are allowed to run in Private) or creating a new browser profile and checking to see if opening a Youtube video in full screen in the private window (or new profile) takes the same amount of time?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.