Switching driver of Brave

Hello, i have a question about switching installed brave from Driver C to D. Till nowdays we dont have any portable version or even choosing driver to install and wonder if i switch all files from C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application to D:\XYZ its gonna normaly work? or i need anything else to switch,and question about updaes-its gonna be updated on Deafault driver or driver where is already Brave

I will ask the team about this, but I believe that it will cause some issues. I’ll reply here when I have more information.

1 Like

Bump to not close a thread

@NIGHTZNERO,
Apologies for the late reply.
On Windows, the registry looks for and expects to find all Brave files where the installer put them. I believe that many, if not all, browser functionality would break were you to move files from drive to drive. You might make a backup copy of your browsing data and test this to see if it works – if you do, let me know the results.

you can try making an symbolic link from drive C to drive D ( mklink /D Link Target ).
not guaranteed to work, but worth a try.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.