Switching Desktop Environments Screws With Saved Passwords

EDIT! A WORKAROUND WAS FOUND. My solution was exporting my saved passwords to a file via settings while in my normal Desktop. Then I log into the affected desktop environment and import that password file. Seems to work fine.

Description of the issue:
I have multiple Desktop Environments that I switch between for productivity. I mostly use Cinnamon, but also occasionally use Openbox. For some reason, Brave works perfectly fine in Cinnamon in regards to having access to my saved login credentials. Unfortunately when I switch to Openbox, Brave no longer remembers my saved login credentials and will even prompt me to save the password if I enter it in manually. As soon as I switch back to Cinnamon, Brave works again.
How can this issue be reproduced?
I suppose you could reproduce it by installing an additional DE on top of your daily DE, and testing Brave on it. I’ve tested this in several DE’s (LXDE, Gnome, Openbox, and LXqt) and they all have the same response. Only one DE didn’t seem to reproduce this, and it was either LxQT or Xfce - I can’t remember to be honest. So it’s quite puzzling really. I’ve tried clearing the cache and this didn’t seem to change much

1. logging into a different Desktop Environment than the one you usually use
  2. running Brave and going to a webpage where you have saved credentials
  3. Brave does not prompt

Expected result:
I expect Brave to be able to prompt me for saved credentials no matter what Desktop Environment I’m using at the time. History and Bookmarks work as expected but it’s as if credentials disappear.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.24.82 Chromium: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I originally installed and did most of my Brave browsing while using Cinnamon DE, so I don’t think it’s specific to that. I think this would still be reproducible even if I installed and browsed Brave on another Desktop Environment, so it seems switching itself is the issue. Something wonky with config files?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.