Description of the issue:
I’m trying to do a test swap ETH to DAI in Nightly on- https://swap-zksynctest.spacefi.io/#/swap but I don’t get the transaction prompt. And if I try to wrap ETH to wETH, nothing happens (wrap button doen’t work and I don’t get any error as well). Both of these work smoothly in Metamask.
Are you using the (new) Brave Wallet or the (old) Crypto wallets implementation?
New Brave Wallet
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Get some Goerli test Ether from a faucet and Bridge it to zkSync with- https://goerli.portal.zksync.io/
- Go to https://swap-zksynctest.spacefi.io/#/swap and try to do a normal swap. The error shown is attached in SS below.
- Try to wrap ETH-wETH which doesn’t do anything
Brave Version (check About Brave):
||1.51.38 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)
||Windows 10 Version 22H2 (Build 19045.2728)
Same error on Mainnet as well. Go to https://mintsquare.io/ and try to mint an NFT on zkSync Era Mainnet. Brave fails to get gas fee for EIP-1559 tx.
Another issue if I have imported/created another account, select it in Brave Wallet and proceed to Connect Wallet on a site. Choose the other imported/created account but it’s the default 1st account that gets connected still. Refereshing the page switches the wallet but shouldn’t be required.
Both issues work fine in Metamask. @SaltyBanana
Op persists. Also, another issue, I have selected Extentios as deafault Ethereum wallet but on https://bridge.testnet.mantle.xyz/deposit I still get a prompt from Brave wallet! I have Metamask installed but I can’t seem to connect to it.
And https://airdrop.ghostchain.io/ doesn’t generate tx prompt in Android Brave Release v1.50.114. @hub @Mattches
Many Dapps on new chains like Arbitrum, Linea other than zkSync don’t work as well. Not sure if it’s on app’s side or Brave but I had to switch to Metamask for now, somehow it works flawlessly everywhere.
On https://dapp.arbisphere.finance/idos/details/21 I get two tx prompts for just one Claim tx in Desktop v1.50.114 and the first one fails to get the gas limit. This is on Arbitrum.
And my default ETH wallt is Extensions (Metamask) not Brave
Desktop v1.50.114 looks bugged, I almost everywhere get prompt in Brave wallet to connect with dapp while Extensions (Metamask) being my selected Ethereum wallet.
Having same issues - can’t get any transaction to work on zksync era main net.
Desktop running latest version of Ventura 13.3… brave works okay on other chains, but complete fail on zksync main no lite/test don’t work.
Does anyone have a solution or have to wait for community development fix?
EIP-1559 was implemented in Brave but somehow doesn’t work. Not sure where is the issue someone needs to take a look. @Mattches
Using metamask was an easy solution for me.
Hello - I was unable to replicate the issue on Arbisphere, but it does not look as if there are any available IDO options to test on the site currently. Are you having trouble on any other sites within the Arbitrum network?
The ZK issue looks to be related to here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/19869
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
- My default Ethereum wallet is extension but I get connection prompt from Brave wallet when I try to connect on https://swap.goerli.linea.build/#/swap and a lot of other dapps as well. I have a bunch of other wallets installed- Metamask, Binance, some non-EVM ones too, Coinbase is the last one that I installed.
- https://airdrop.ghostchain.io/ doesn’t generate tx prompt in Android Brave Release v1.50.114
- The wallet icon in URL bal in mobile doesn’t show imported accounts.
- Another issue if I have imported/created another account, select it in Brave Wallet and proceed to Connect Wallet on a site. Choose the other imported/created account but it’s the default 1st account that gets connected still. Refereshing the page switches the wallet but shouldn’t be required.
Consider all of these in latest release version.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hey @Aman_M and @farmerjoe!
Sorry for the delay in getting a fix out. We missed the window for the 1.52 stable version so had to wait for the maintenance release. That said, all zksync issues have now been resolved on all channels including the latest 1.52.x release.
As @Aman_M already figured out, there was something wrong with EIP-1559 - mainly that zksync nodes do not support a standard ETH-JSON RPC method necessary to compute priority fee, so we had to find another way to do it reliably. Here’s the issue if you’re interested in the details.
Please let me know if still see any other issues. We have landed bunch of performance improvements on nightly, so the UX for zksync (or any other network with slow public nodes) would be a lot better on 1.54+.
Cheers, and thanks for your patience!