Suspension problem

I was terribly surprised when I got suspended… I really did a lot of work to attract people to Brave. I wrote to support but I still have no answer… Awful situation, I do not know what to do. Two months of work, hundreds posts in blogs, social media and site are all in vain…
Please, no not make me disappointed that much with Brave…

3 Likes

I see a lot of people have the same problem as me… My account has also been suspended and I’ve been waiting for help for over 40 days.
I understand, however, that the team has a lot of work to do and there are a lot of people writing with the same situation. However, I count on support from the team and unlock the account as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Greetings and wish you a quick restoration of access!

2 Likes

40 days! You’re kidding! But for me it looks like there’s something fishy going on here. I did a lot of work and got nearly 1800 downloads and I have earned close to 4000 BATs. It was OK, but just before paying me my earnings I got suspended… I do not want to think that Brave is scum, because I really like this browser and the whole idea of it, but reality sucks. I will wait and see…

2 Likes

@uuii @Szymonwsieci

Please refer to the following thread regarding your suspension: Important Information regarding Account Reviews/Suspensions

Thanks.

Thank you for your answer @eljuno

I’ve read the thread you sent me. Unfortunately, it does not bring anything new to my knowledge or problem… By contacting me at [email protected], only the robot is responding to me. My case has been hanging on for a long time and you are the first living person to answer any question. If you are a support member, please help me if you don’t want to talk to a living person and not a robot.
I have a very small publisher account on brave and I have no idea why my account has been suspended. From what I read on the forum many people have the same problem as me…
I would like to start promoting Brave in Poland on a larger scale but in this case it’s not possible…
Please help me.
Greetings :slight_smile:

1 Like

reviewed 1 month in my account and is now active

@Szymonwsieci sadly I’m not part of the team. :sweat_smile: I’m just helping them by providing support in this forum.

The team will get in touch with you as soon as the team done review your account. It may take some times.

Again. From linked thread above.

Apologies for the inconveniences. And thanks for your patience.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Guys, now it has become very clear, Brave is a scum…
It is so because:

So, my conclusion is simple and obvious, it’s a good piece of software, but after all it is a real scum. Now they stole my earnings, hours and hours of work. It simply means that the same will be done with ads display - you watch tons of ads and then you get nothing, because you got suspension… Scum, real scum…

1 Like

Why don’t you share with us what you are accused of doing that was fraudulent? I’m not saying I disbelieve you at all, I just want to know what they say you did, because you are leveling some rather serious accusations. Like you, I really want to believe that this browser has huge potential but I’ve been around long enough not to put my hope into anyone or anything that aims to be revolutionary and make money doing it. Thank you!

1 Like

This is my earnings on 10th of June. By now it should be a little more. This is my main referral link - it is connected to my youtube channel. It is not really active, but that’s what I have so far. And here is my site - bravebrowser.tech.
Support says, “Your sites are fraudulent and are fake domains of our site. and Due to this, your account(s) will remain permanently closed.”
So my point is when I registered my sites, they were not fake, when I attracted new users they were not fake, but when the time to pay came they suddenly became fake. If they are fake they should be treated as fake from the very beginning and not when lots of work done. So in few days I am going to start an antiBrave company.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Yeah, they were right to close your account. Your website bravebrowser.tech, that’s what they have a problem with. It’s almost indistinguishable from Brave’s own website.

I mean, you even plagiarize Brave’s website, and you refer to their servers as “our servers.”

The only way you can tell the difference between the two is by looking in the address bar. Your website is literally designed to trick people into thinking that they are simply downloading the browser from Brave when in reality they are unknowningly providing you with a referral bonus. It is absolutely deceptive and fraudulent.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it didn’t dawn on you that this was highly unethical, deceptive, and possibly even illegal. If you’re young, like a teenager or something, I can totally believe that to be true. I was pretty dumb when I was a teenager. But now, you know. And even though you wanted to blame Brave for screwing you over, you now have a neutral party (myself), with no interest in the matter one way or the other, telling you that this was extremely fraudulent and you absolutely deserved to have your account deactivated.

Like I said, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. But that really doesn’t matter. It only matters what you decide to do going forward. If you indeed did not know that you were doing anything wrong, then you should really try to avoid ever doing something like this again. It’s the sort of thing that can get you thrown in jail for one thing. But worse than that, it would mean you are an unethical, untrustworthy, and immoral person; a liar and a cheat. For your own sake, do not be that person. Accept that you were wrong, but forgive yourself if you didn’t realize it, and chalk it up to a learning experience.

2 Likes

I used materials of Brave site to attract people to Brave! Not to something else! So this is fraud? And after all, I got 90% of all my referral installs with another reflink. So, even if the bravebrowser.tech is not quite right way (I do not agree with that) to attract people, it is real fraudulent not to give me the rest of the money which I earned by another site (youtube channel).

Maybe, but I imagine that the terms of having a verified account say something about being deactivated if you are caught acquiring BAT fraudulently. It’s like if a bank robber got arrested and had a bunch of money from the robbery, but also a bunch of money he had earned honestly. The robber doesn’t get to keep any of the money when he goes to prison. Ok, bad analogy, but the point is the same. You broke the rules, they suspended your account.

But you even say that you “used materials of the Brave site to attract people to Brave! Not to something else!” Yes, exactly, that is the problem. That is deceptive. You made your website appear to be an official part of Brave, when it was not. And when people click the download button, you got a referral bonus which you were hoping would go to your uphold account and could then be transferred into something else. That is basically having Brave pay you money to deceive people. That is unacceptable. And it is not “real fraudulent” of Brave to not pay you when you blatantly violated the terms of the agreement. To do so would be to basically endorse what you did, which would be highly unethical of them and possibly open them up to legal ramifications.

I’m sure you are frustrated because you spent many hours trying to earn all that BAT, which you were expecting was going to turn into real money in your pocket, and now you aren’t getting anything at all. But perhaps you will learn something from this that is far more valuable than the money. I promise you, it doesn’t matter how bad your situation is, how desperate you might be for some cash: there is ALWAYS a better way to get by in life than to use deception. You have a conscience, and you know it bugs you when you are doing something wrong. If you keep ignoring it, eventually you wont hear it anymore, and then you have lost your humanity entirely. Stop trying to drown out that voice of humanity and start listening to it. Even just for one day, give it a shot. You might be surprised how much better things go if you do. Good luck.

1 Like

As I said above I got only about 10% or maybe less of all referrals with link to this site. The rest was by using link to my youtube channel. What was wrong with that?
Anyway, right now my site (https://bravebrowser.tech) contains my own info - so far only two languages - English and Russian, and I’m working on Korean. I have removed all content from my FB page and told people what happened.
You are right, _reshpeck, I am really frustrated and I want to warn others against making such mistakes.
This screenshot was taken on May 22, this is my reflink of youtube channel. Now, after 1 month it should be much more confirms. Why they didn’t pay this money? It has nothing with my site.

If what you are saying is true then I definitely understand why you feel like you should have been rewarded for all your legitimate referrals and should only have been denied payment for referrals through the bravebrowser.tech site. You say that was only about ten percent of the total, and I’m not saying I disbelieve you, but this graph you posted doesn’t delineate between YouTube and the bravebrowser.tech since all of them would have been tied to your KOO616 referral link. I don’t know if the Brave developers are able to see the percentages on their end but as I said before, I’m sure that the terms of service state that any rewards gained fraudulently are grounds for deactivating your account.

But that doesn’t matter. I am going to believe you that it was only 10% because it changes absolutely nothing. The outcome would would probably be the same whether your referrals from bravebrowser.tech were 90%, 10%, or only 1%.

The one thing about which you seem to have a good point is that Brave did not consider your account fraudulent until after you had brought thousands of new users to Brave. They have reaped the benefits of your work and only when it came time to pay, they cut you off. I get it, and if that were true, it would be very shady of them indeed. But allow me to play devil’s advocate here. Your accusation may be true, but I doubt it. They have many thousands, if not millions, of users getting referrals, and to determine if something is fraudulent requires an actual person to look into the issue. It isn’t an automatic process, like an algorithm that searches for that sort of thing. So in all likelihood, your account might have had some red flags and when the payout process began, someone at Brave saw your account pop up as potentially problematic. Upon looking at the sources of your referrals they saw bravebrowser.tech and visited your webpage for the very first time. Since it was blatantly a fraudulent website intended to deceive, they suspended your account. I don’t imagine someone saw it before then and made the conscious decision to let you keep recruiting more people to Brave only to leave you hanging when it was time to pay. That’s simply the reality; the company is still relatively small and the developers are certainly overworked and unable to proactively go after fraudulent accounts.

Here is an example: On another thread there was this guy who was complaining endlessly about not getting his March payout, and @Asad and another guy, Chriscat or something, were very patiently trying to explain that he would get it in April because of when he was first verified, etc. Well he was extremely obnoxious about it and insulting the developers, and then it turned out that he had several fake accounts and was deactivated; he got nothing. It was actually really satisfying to read. But he had been owed a lot of BAT and Brave didn’t get to him until someone personally investigated his referral sources and found his deception. And this was a guy who was being extremely vocal and obnoxious about getting paid, actually drawing attention to himself.

So for you to have been caught at all was probably very unlucky for you, but just because they didn’t realize what you were doing with bravebrowser.tech until just before you were due payment doesn’t imply that Brave knowingly allowed you to keep at it until the last minute. That’s an accusation of wrongdoing against someone for which you have no evidence, and its coming from someone who has openly provided evidence that you were the one doing something fraudulent and admitted guilt. It’s not a very good look, and it doesn’t matter if only 10% of your referrals came through your website.

Think of it like this: A tennis player tests positive for performance enhancing drugs and the International Tennis Federation strips him of all his titles. He then complains that he only won 10% of his matches because of the drugs and the other 90% he won fair and square. He then he goes around and accuses the ITF of knowing he was using PEDs but allowed him to play and win his titles anyway because he was popular and got good ratings, and only after it was time to pay him his championship earnings did they strip his titles away. The ITF might argue that every time he was tested before he had passed, or maybe that he hadn’t been tested except the one time when he failed. Unless the player can prove that he had been tested and failed and the ITF knew it but allowed him to continue playing, he is making baseless accusations.

This is essentially what you are doing. You are making baseless accusations with no evidence, and you are doing it from a position of known guilt. Like I said, it is not a very good look. A person of integrity should just admit that he screwed up and will try to do better in the future, rather than say it isn’t fair and try to shift the blame to the people who caught him at his misdeeds. I hope you take this seriously because this is bigger than your BAT. This is about who you are as a human being. I wish you the best, friend.

2 Likes

@uuii – impersonation of Brave in this manner is strictly prohibited. @_reshpeck thanks for your input here!

Anti-fraud/suspensions is something always we do at payout time – it’s just a coincidence that people are suspended at this time and is not some scheme to cheat people out of their BAT. We pay millions of BAT a month to tens of thousands of happy publishers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great response, @_reshpeck. :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.