Suspended tabs do not sync

I have several hundred tabs on Android. Most of these tabs are suspended and about 30 are active.

When I go to my desktop, I see the 30 active tabs in the “other devices” history that I can open on desktop.

Why are the other tabs - the suspended tabs - not showing up in the history so I can sync and open them on desktop?

If I go back to my phone and reload one of the tabs that is suspended, a few seconds later it will show up on desktop in the history.

Sync should sync all tabs regardless of their state. Is there a workaround? Reloading several hundred tabs just so they will show up in the sync history is not practical.

I’ll tag in @Mattches on this, but I would say I don’t think it’s possible to do what you’re asking. When they are suspended, hibernated, or whatever…they don’t send any information. They are as good as closed. So when it’s sending info to Sync, it’s just going to see whatever is active and that’s synced.

You could technically bookmark open tabs and that may sync, but that’s about all that I’m aware. Curious to see if Mattches will be able to provide any potential solutions to this, if essentially confirms what I said, or what? Also might just be more of what should exist as Brave Feature Requests rather than a support issue.

@Saoiray Thank you for the update. I suspected that might be the case. Alternatively, adding a “reload all tabs” feature could help with this issue if no other solution is possible.

Yeah I wasn’t sure about this either actually but after asking, it seems like these should actually Sync. I’ve opened the following issue:

1 Like

@Saoiray @Mattches I should have stated in my original post - I’m pretty sure sync used to work even with suspended tabs. It’s been at least 6 months now, but I once synced 500 tabs. I wasn’t paying attention at the time, since it all worked, but I’m pretty sure a large portion of those tabs were suspended.