Super super slow start up times

Description of the issue:
I’ve used Brave for two months now as a challenge I set myself, seeing as I’m invested in the crypto too. It was alright at the start. But after using it for a while, it started showing many issues. One of them being a really slow start up time. I’ll be willing to assist with any info needed of me. All i ask in return is that this doesn’t just get grouped up under some random support tag, and being ‘given priority to’ when in fact it really won’t.
(It’s why its taken me half a month to even make an account since reporting this issue on a BAT Subreddit post)
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Click to start Brave Browser
  2. Wait
  3. Start Chrome in the meantime while you’re still waiting for Brave

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
A whole lot of nothing, Till something happens and it loads.
Reproduces how often:
100% of the time.
Brave Version(about:brave):

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes
Additional Information:

Hi @Jeandre,
Thanks for reaching out.

It’s a known issue with 0.25.x version that will not receive another bug fixes (except the critical bugs).

This issue can be vary from user to user. Like if it open previous session, etc.

However, the new Brave (that will replace the current Brave) will have faster start-up time. Upgrade notification for the current users is coming in weeks.

Or you can install it manually brave.com/download then you can import your browser data from the old Brave.

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.