Suggested password is not strong enough.. how to change it

HI.

Perhaps this has been answered already… but just to be sure I am not missing anything… how can I change the strength of the suggested passwords to include special characters? I can see they only have letters and numbers… and is way far from secure… Safari does that by default… so how i can get the same result on Brave ?

Thanks.

1 Like

@DrPay,
Can you please provide some additional details? What is this password for?

1 Like

@Mattches I am talking about the password generated by brave… i.e I fill a registration form on a website… i am asked to input a password… I right-click in the box… “suggest a password” and the generated password by brave is weak.

Not a specific password purpose… i want to use a suggested strong password that actually meets security compliances ( lower case, upper case, number, and special characters… the latter is lacking).

Is that more clear?

1 Like

@DrPay,
Brave does not offer password generation. Perhaps you’re referring to an extension you have installed?

2 Likes

@Mattches i have no extensions for password generation installed.

See below… this is achieved by just doing right-click on a password field on any website.

brave

1 Like

@DrPay,
Thank you for clarifying. I believe that this functionality was inherited by Chromium engine:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/7570435?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

I’ve reached out to the team to see if we plan on doing any modifications to the feature.

1 Like

thanks, @Mattches. This feature is great… and very useful… if we can just make it more secure adding special character into the mix would make it perfect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.