Suddenly when I open brave all the login data have been erased, saved passwords sync also turned off I cant use sync

When I open brave all my logged sites are logged out and I am unable to log in cause my login info are deleted on its own as I synced it with my mobile all the data in my mobile was also lost and the desktop browser came out of sync chain and I am not able to connect it to the sync chain

@srini ,

For starters, go to . . . brave://settings/?search=Continue

Select Open a specific page or set of pages and make the URL address for that page: about:blank (yes, that is it).

Next, go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData

Advanced tab, and On exit tab . . . and for each, be sure that the following are DISABLED:

Cookies and other site data
Cached images and files
Passwords and other sign-in data
Autofill form data
Site and shields settings

Windows OS users – maintain a backup of the BraveSoftware folder:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\

That is the same as:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\

Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak files are in the “Default” folder:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\

For compressing files, and thereby having a backup of the BraveSoftware folder, I suggest using

WinZip or 7-zip for Windows OS

Backup program: GoodSync:

https://www.goodsync.com/

Recommend, that you close Brave Browser tabs and windows, reducing those to a minimum . . . and Exit / Quit Brave Browser, before any

Log Out
Restart
Shut Down

of your Windows OS machine. In other words, reduce the burden on Brave Browser – including, examination of extensions (if any).

And, routinely Create a System Restore Point.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.