Suddenly all my bookmark folders are grey instead of yellow with my Brave Browser. I use Windows 10

Suddenly all my bookmark folders are grey instead of yellow as far as my Brave Browers. I use Windows 10.

In order to fix the problem, I deleted Brave using IObit Uninstaller10 so it would be a clean reinstall. But to my surprise all the settings stayed the same including the grey folders.

I like Brave a lot, but if I cannot solve this folder issue, I will probably just go back to using my Chrome browser most of the time.

If you mean the bookmarks folders, the icon was changed in the latest update.

I hope they change it back. In the meantime, I think I will go back to using my Chrome browser. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just a little disappointing. I really liked Brave when it had the yellow bookmark folders.

1 Like

Many users seem to not like the change. There is an open Github issue where you can voice your opinion, I just saw it got the attention of Brave team.

I am not a complainer/whiner. I just thought if enough people expressed their unhappiness with the grey bookmark folders, they would switch it back or give users the option of what color they want for the bookmark folders.

So that is why I made the post.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand you. The Github issue above was created so users can voice their opinion regarding the change. Brave developers might provide an option to switch back to yellow folders if they see users don’t like the change.

2 Likes

I do not like this at all. Change it back.

2 Likes

I do not like the change either. Actually it is why I dropped Firefox and went to Chrome. Then Chrome started eating too many resources so I moved to Brave. Looks like I will be going back to Chrome. Such a petty thing to loose users over.

2 Likes

I do not like this at all. Folders must be yellow: that is the colour since Windows 3.1 Please make a choice possible between grey and yellow in settings. Greetings from the Netherlands

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. What thinking prevailed that thought this was a priority. I would have thought they had plenty of other areas to work on in Brave. I love this browser , this is the first disappointment I have experienced!!

There is an official response regarding the subject:

Hi all, Brave product design team here. Thanks for all the feedback so far! We hear you and are working on a fix. It’s important to us that we have a bookmark folder icon that works for everyone, and clearly some considerations were missed in the initial update. Please be patient as we get a fix into the queue.

1 Like

I also am not happy about the change in folder color. It is very annoying for me. I see others have complained on other pages. It would however be nice to have an option to color folders to meet your own needs.

I completely agree, this is an awful change that should ALWAYS remain optional. It drives me up the wall how software developers the past ~10 years have been over-simplifying UI design. Let visuals be pretty! So frustrating.

Hallelujah, my folders are yellow again! It is the little things in life.
Thanks a million, Ed

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.