Description of the issue:
Hi all, I have an account on https://the.hiveos.farm/ (1) for which the password save feature works as expected.
I needed to comment on their forum at https://forum.hiveos.farm/ (2) and as this is not an SSO, I needed to create another account.
At this point I have 2 accounts, one for the admin interface of hive and one for the forum. Both use the same email address but with different passwords.
I’ve just noticed that the “save/update password” popup feature updates the password each time I log into one and then other, overwriting the value of one of the other (depends which site I’ve logged in and saved last).
If I open Settings -> Additional Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Passwords, I can see my list of “save password” accounts.
I can see one for https://forum.hiveos.farm and one for https://the.hiveos.farm but they both have the same value.
-> The problem is that the “save password” feature overrides the password of both rather than one or the other depending on the sub domain.
It feels like even though the subdomains entries are saved, the logic of storing the related password overrides the password of the other subdomain.
How can this issue be reproduced?
(I assume it is sub domain related and would be reproducible with other subdomains that have different authentications/passwords - I do not want to make you create accounts on hiveos.farm, just want to make this clear)
- create an account with an email at the.hiveos.farm (1) and a password
- create an account with the same email at forum.hiveos.farm (2) and a different password
- log out from both
- log into (1) and save the password
- open Settings -> Additional Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Passwords and verify the correct password for (1) is saved
- open new tab and log into (2) and save the password
- open Settings -> Additional Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Passwords and verify the password for (2) is saved
- check the password value for (1). In my case, password for (2) has overwritten (1)
I expect to have the password for (1) not overwritten with value from (2) or vice versa for the same domain but on a different sub domain.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Thanks for any info on what I’m doing wrong.