Strict fingerprinting breaks Google Sheets alignment

Description of the issue:

Enabling strict fingerprinting causes Google Sheets alignment issues when the alignment is set to the center or to to the right. Please see the screenshots:

Exact URL of the website in question:

Any Google Sheets document.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings?

No. The issue can be only reproduced when fingerprinting is set to strict, but not when it’s set to standard.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Yes. Disabling Shields is a workaround to solve the issue.

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration.

Strict fingerprinting.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

Yes, even with uBlock Origin enabled.

Brave version (check About Brave):

Latest (1.27.108 64 bit).

I’m aware my answer doesn’t resolve the issue you’re experiencing, but disabling Brave Shields isn’t the best workaround.

Brave Shields can be used on a per-site basis. So, open a document in Google Sheets → click on the Brave Shields icon in the address bar → change the fingerprinting protection to Fingerprinting blocked (standard). Now you won’t have to disable Brave Shields in order to use Google Sheets normally, and at the same time you will continue using strict fingerprinting protection everywhere else.

1 Like

Yes, I know I can disable Shields just for one site. Thank you anyway. Have a nice day!

1 Like

It’s a known issue, which is why a warning “May break sites” was added to changing this :slight_smile: @mrmojorisin

I am dealing with the same issue right now. Did you find a proper solution for it? Everything is exactly as you described it, and the problem is present only with Brave Shields turned off and fingerprinting set to strict. I have tried a lot of “workaround,” but nothing really works out. I need to fix this as soon as possible as I have to connect my data visualization tool to the google sheets, and I cannot do it with these alignment issues. To be honest, I did not even know how to connect Tableau to google sheets before starting this project. Moreover, I did not even know that you can connect software like Tableau to google sheets. Thankfully, I found this guide https://blog.coupler.io/how-to-connect-tableau-to-google-sheets/ as it explains everything really well.

For google domains, using standard fingerprinting is the current fix

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.