STRG+F search menue drops down and hides some Favorites, Bookmarks

STRG+F search menue drops down and hides some Favorites, Bookmarks.
2024-03-12_215207 Screenshot

This behavior is not a bug or something similar. This works as intended. I mean, you don’t use the search menu and the bookmarks or favorites at the same time, right? :sweat_smile:

A few tips which may help for a better experience.:

1. As mentioned, you can start searching with strg + f or for international keyboards ctrl + f
  2. While you typed your search query, you can press the ENTER key a few times to scroll through the search results. It will jump automatically to the section where the query is found.
  3. You can exit the search function via Escape key or in short ESC.
  4. Pressing again the shortcut from step 1 will bring back the search function with the search query from before.

May this helps for better understanding. :blush:

not right: the search field stay forever there and hides the favorites as we all know.
And for sure i sometimes search and then use bookmarks, how would you know what we all should do? Not helpful.

I want an option to place the search field at another place, perhaps below the favorites bar.
This should be no big thing.
:slight_smile:

Have you tried to press the ESC key after you finished your search, as mentioned in my first post? As you said, you need to search something and then use the bookmarks, like everyone does normally.

I do not know what everyone should do, but I may know what’s technical possible and what not. :man_shrugging:

Sadly I think there is no possibility to change this, but we can ask @Saoiray he may know more about this than I do, but I believe he will say the same thing as I did.

Notice:
I looked around for some extension but did not find anything which correspond to your wishes. Maybe this Highlighty: Search, Find, Multi Highlight extension is a bit more near to what you want. You can search for a query and then exit also, but the result of the query remains in colors inside the website. So you can then use the bookmarks as well, “simultaneously”.

yes, ESC is known, but this is a old solution for everything.
I want the favorites to be always visible with another postition of the search field.
This is a suggestion to make Browsers better.
To point to technical possibilities as LIMITS to overcome IS my aim.

ok, i know this addon but its not F3 :slight_smile:

Where could i post this improvement suggestion officially?

thx

I think you see problems where none are, but also this could be just me, or maybe I don’t understand it correctly… :thinking:

Anyway, you are already in the right place to make suggestions for features.
You can just change the topic section when you edit your main post.

For editing your topic of your main post:

1. Go to your initial posting.
  2. Press on the edit pen at the end of your post title.
  3. Click on the set topic, in your case Broswer Support Desktop Support
  4. Change it to Brave Feature Requests Desktop Requests
  5. Save it and you’re done. Your post is now in a new topic section.

Note the search function of the drop-down menu, makes it easier to find the right topic for your search query.

Brave Feature Requests Desktop Requests
“An error occurred: This topic has tags not allowed by this category: ‘windows’”

Sorry, forgot to mention you need to remove your tags on the right side of the topic selection with a click on the cross, X, when you hover over the tag itself.
After this, it should be possible to change the topic.

Fixed version of the step-by-step tutorial:

1. Go to your initial posting.
  2. Press on the edit pen at the end of your post title.
  3. Click on the set topic, in your case Broswer Support Desktop Support
  4. Change it to Brave Feature Requests Desktop Requests
  5. Remove your tags on the right side of the topic selection.
    1. In your case, this would be the windows tag you need to remove.
  6. Save it and you’re done. Your post is now in a new topic section.

I have gone ahead and moved this thread to the correct category.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.