Strange statistics information on the start page

Brave version: Versio 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Virallinen koontiversio) (64-bittinen)
Linux: Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20200919

When I open the Brave browser, the homepage comes with statistics information, which are as follows:
44 818 Seuraimet & mainokset estetty (44 818 Followers & Ads Blocked). This is OK

1.45 Iso-Britannia Kaistanleveys tallennettu (1.45 United Kingdom Bandwidth saved) What does this mean?

38 minuuttia Säästetty aika (38 minutes of time saved) This is OK.

2 Likes

GB (great britain) = UK (united Kingdom) the code is lost in translation. :wink:
I couldn’t resist to reply. I almost spit my water over the keyboard.
ahaha

I, too, just came up with that same thing, but I didn’t bother to answer myself because I was hoping someone would fix it.

Does it mean G=giga and B=byte (not bit)?
By the way: bandwidth is a completely wrong term if you want to tell how many bits are stored.

(https://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/definition/bandwidth)

“Network bandwidth is the capacity of a wired or wireless network communications link to transmit the maximum amount of data from one point to another over a computer network or internet connection in a given amount of time – usually, one second.”

i see it’s bug in the finish interface of brave

Hello @Mattches could you check this one

and have a nice day everyone

@RaijaR,
Thank you for reporting – I’ve opened an issue for the bad translation for the team to review.

2 Likes

I recommend that the term bandwidth be changed as well. It could be e.g. the amount of data used. This is not about bandwidth but the amount of data used, is it?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.