Strange occurence where "Kontakt" button disappears on auction site

It’s a Norwegian site for antique and personal sales, basically Etsy. Naturally there is a “Contact seller” button but which sometimes disappears, does not appear when deactivating Brave features, only spam and foreseen commercial shows up.

Contacted the support on the site, they asked if this were usage of Firefox or familiar, asked if i could deactivate the installed features (such as Brave indeed) and its adblock abilities, no change. I’ve had personal help from here before and might need it again to ‘rebuild’ the issue occurrence.

@nilsiver990,
Can you please provide the actual site in which this issue occurs? If it requires a login, would you mind reproducing the error and then showing me any out put in the Console window in Dev tools? You can open Dev tools by going to Menu --> More tools --> Dev tools --> Console

Of course, how silly of me to forget.

Not sure how to ‘reproduce’ it since the button are already missing though, i found the Console you directed me to but how do i apply the said error; Simply by copy/paste?

@nilsiver990,

A quick screenshot of the console window would do :slight_smile:

Also, can you tell me where the button should be appearing?

No idea what you are really telling me to do with the Console thing, a simple screenshot of the console section without doing anything at all with the webpage Finn.no?

guess posts

@nilsiver990,
I seem to be getting the button to appear just fine in Brave.

Are you blocking Scripts? Have you tried the site with Shields down?

Yes, i believe i stated that saying “Deactivated Brave”

With Sheilds down, and in private mode. Does it still occur? I tested from a NZ and .no IP, both show the big blue icon.

I don’t know what to say, i deactivated Brave’s every feature by shutting it all off from the browser logo. If that doesn’t include Shield or ‘private’ then i don’t know.

Using private-window mode (see open in new private tab)

It actually showed for a second only to disappear again immediately once the rest of the website loaded its user interface. I opened old old Google Chrome and it doesn’t have the same issue?

Noe clue, guys? I guess i have to revert back to Goolag Chromatic then.

The issue is we can’t reproduce the issue. Could you test in Brave beta?

Forgive me, but how do i test Brave beta, is that another browser under construction?

https://brave.com/download-beta/ (it’s the beta build of Brave)

It worked!

But now i have another problem, Youtube doesn’t work as it should, the videos are strangely wide in resolution AND the volume and start button disappear and won’t respond lest i stop/resume the video by clicking the screen. I’m also trying to block spam but once the window pops up (the one that needs an url of the selected spam to block) then the window have nothing to block, no url no info no anything and such i cannot block.

I’m trying to block images, simply.

Nobody? :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

The main issue, no one can replicate the issue. Maybe using a new profile might help here?

I just re-tested a new link https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=163982407 and it seem to render correctly

1 Like