Description of the issue:
When a shortcut for an extension is assigned to a media key on the keyboard (e.g. stop, play/pause, skip track left/right), the shortcut is not triggered when the media key is pressed. Furthermore, it appears to be impossible to assign a shortcut to a key combination that includes a modifier and a media key.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Install any extension that has shortcuts defined
- Go to brave://extensions/shortcuts
- Assign a non-media key combination, such as Alt+Shift+1, to any shortcut
- Press the assigned combination on the keyboard to confirm the shortcut triggers as expected
- Attempt to reassign the shortcut to Alt+Shift+Play/Pause, or any other combination of modifiers and media keys. Note flickering (but failure to assign) in the “Type a shortcut” box.
- Reassign the shortcut to Play/Pause (or any other media key) with no modifiers.
- Press the assigned key, note the shortcut is not triggered.
Pressing the media key should trigger the shortcut to which it is assigned.
Brave Version( check
- Confirmed in both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.
- Occurs regardless of Global vs. In Brave setting.
- Occurs regardless of brave://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling setting
Let me know if there’s any other information I can provide to help. Thanks in advance!