Stored addresses/phone numbers

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
On the brave app on android, on my phone at the very least, in the addresses and more section under settings, my phone number is stored as +1 AXX-BXX-CXXZ (using β€œA”, β€œB”, and β€œC” to represent the first digit of each section of my phone respectively and β€œZ” here to signify the last digit of my phone number). I understand that +1 is my country code, and that this is just how it appears. However, whenever I am filling out a form on a website and try to use Brave’s auto-fill function, it adds the β€œ1” to my phone number. This is inconvenient when filling forms that use the (XXX) XXX-XXXX phone number format, as it includes the β€œ1” , entering the number as (1AX) XBX-XCXX. I then have to go and erase the β€œ1” and manually enter the last digit of my phone number. While this is a minor inconvenience, it would be nice if Brave would not include the country code when auto-filling forms, eliminating the need for manual fixing.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Store phone number in Brave, with the country code
2.Use Brave’s auto-fill feature to fill a form requiring a phone number

Expected result:
The auto-fill feature will fill the phone number without the inclusion of the country code.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave 1.17.75, Chromium 87.0.4280.88
Mobile Device details
Unbranded Samsung Galaxy S8+
SM-G955U1
Additional Information:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.