Stopped getting rewards a couple of months ago, finally signed up for Uphold's bs app, then when I go to connect it, I'm "flagged"?

Briefly describe your issue: Stopped receiving BAT a few months ago. Researched, and apparently I needed to set up an account with Uphold. Started that, and they wanted my drivers license and biometric data, so I noped out of it, cause that’s bs. Finally caved and went back to set it up about a week, maybe two ago, surrendered very personal data (which the whole point of Brave is to avoid), and still nothing. Gave it a few days, then tried again today, and Brave says my account can’t be linked because it’s “flagged”???

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 11 Home, Brave Version 1.52.126 Chromium: 114.0.5735.133 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no) not sure, I signed up for Uphold, but it keeps telling me I can’t connect it because I’m “flagged”

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? assuming this menas to onnect to uphold, I haven’t been able to as far as I can tell

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? I got BAT before the mandatory Uphold app, yes, but not since, though I’ve never done anything with it

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no, never have

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes, USA

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? N/A, I’m on desktop

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? As far as I can tell? It launches Uphold, and Uphold says I’ve connected the accounts, but Brave doesn’t recognize it

Very irritated by this whole mess. I’m seeing several posts by others implying that Brave doesn’t want to/can’t afford to pay rewards. Okay, fine? So reduce what I get, I don’t care, it’s literally bonus, but why on earth am I flagged for normal use? This is a work computer for heavens sake, not some sketchy basement hacker.
I know no one cares if one person leaves, but this is honestly enough for me to leave over. For a browser that claims to care about privacy to demand integration with a personal data monster like uphold, and then not even honor it is disgusting.

There are quite a lot of us affected by this, most have been flagged. They’re asking us to submit support tickets so they can investigate each instance individually. You can submit a support ticket here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.