Stop popup "X+ trackers and ads blocked on this page. Brave Shields protects your online privacy on every site"

How do I stop the little popup - white text on a blue background - “X+ trackers and ads blocked on this page. Brave Shields protects your online privacy on every site”? It appears over the little Brave icon.

It appears on a new site I load on my iPad. It takes about 10 seconds to go away and I have to press it to get rid of it.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v 1.23.1

Mobile Device details
iPad Air

1 Like

The “X trackers & ads blocked on this page” popup is very annoying!
unnamed (1)
Please, give us an option to disable this!

1 Like

@Sapador @keelyw,
I have other reports of users seeing this. This pop-up should not be appearing after the first time you see it. I’m discussing the issue with the iOS team presently and should have more information soon.

2 Likes

Yep - that’s it - thanks for the screenshot!

How do I turn off the pop up message from the Brave icon every time I go to a site? Every time I start Brave and go to, say, youtube I see this dumb message. I don’t need to be continually reminded that brave is doing blocking.

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

1 Like

Hi @lampajoo there is another active thread discussing this very issue.

Maybe drop a post there, to catch Support’s eye quicker.

1 Like

@lampajoo,
I went ahead and merged the threads together.
After speaking with iOS team, there is a potential fix for this coming in the next update (v1.24x). If the issue persists after the update, we’ll have to do some additional troubleshooting.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.